There has been some confusion about the implementation of the new 2015 NM Building Code which goes into effect July 1, 2017, replacing the 2009 Code.
Recently, NM Construction Industries Director Patrick McMurray, General Construction Bureau Chief Martin Romero and General Counsel Sally Galanter generously took time to meet with several construction/business/real estate associations to discuss the code approval process and to explore more ways to keep each other better informed about industry issues.
It was a very productive meeting.
Construction & Industries Division has agreed to offer several more training classes about the new code before it goes into effect July 1st (see below), and gave the attending association reps a better overall understanding of the benefits of the new code as compared to the 2009 version.
2 Attachments: Cost Impact of 2015 Building Code over 2009 Building Code and ICC Comparison Chart by State
Here are some links:
Copy of 2015 Building Code: http://18.104.22.168/nmac/parts/title14/14.007.0002.htm
AGC FREE Training Class July 12th: DO NOT Register with NAIOP
2015 BUILDING CODE UPDATES: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR 2017 & BEYOND
June 12th, 2017 8:00 AM through 12:00 PM
- 8:00 AM: 3hr significant changes to the 2015 IBC. (Commercial Code)
- 11:00 AM: 1hr significant changes NMAC 14.5.1 General Provisions, Permits, and Inspections.
MUST REGISTER: Registration page: http://www.agc-nm.org/civicrm/event/info?id=808&reset=1
ABC FREE Training Classes June 15th & 22nd: DO NOT Register with NAIOP
THURSDAY – JUNE 15, 2017 – 8am to 12pm & THURSDAY – JUNE 22, 2017 – 8am to 12pm
ABCNM Training Room
- Martin Romero, CBO, General Construction Bureau Chief, Regulation & Licensing Department, Construction Industries Division
- Significant changes to the IBC (International Building Code) – Commercial
- General Provisions, Permits and Inspections of the NMAC
MUST REGISTER: For more information, or to register by email contact Carla: firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.